Friday 11 March 2016

alone in a crowd

From a very young age I would watch movies on my own and when listening to music, I would retire into my own world to listen to my music.




















Nothing much has changed over the years, and last weekend I went to a jazz festival on my own.  I wish I could have had someone to enjoy it with, but all my friends are not fans of jazz music and since I have no significant other...alone I went.
Enrico Rava - 75 years old (in the white pants)
Joss Stone
Buena Vista Social Club
Buena vista Social Club - Omara Poruondo - 85 yrs old and her voice is still magnificent




















I am a big fan of Joss Stone and Buena Vista Social Club (Cuban Jazz) and I was not
going to miss the opportunity to watch them up
close. 2 days out in the open, just listening to music.  I had a great time....
but as there was limited seating.... my legs ached and back ached....man I am getting old....
not as old as some of the jazz maestros though..

Being alone in the crowd wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, I am not one to strike up conversations with strangers and with my resting bitch face... not many people would want to talk to me either... Still...all in a great weekend spent listening to great music.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you go alone, me to. My husbands interests and my interests are polar opposites and I got sick of missing out. so I to go alone x

    ReplyDelete